The objective of Sparta is to obtain winning symbol combinations by spinning the reels.
- A wagering denomination (coin value) can be chosen by clicking the Click to Change denomination button in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
- Line bets are chosen by clicking Bet per Line. Each click adds a coin to the line bet. When the maximum amount is reached (10 coins of the selected wagering denomination), clicking the button again resets the line bet to one coin.
- Paylines are chosen by clicking Lines. Each click activates a payline. When all paylines are activated, clicking the button again resets it to one active payline. Paylines can also be activated by using the numbered buttons on either side of the reels. Selecting a high payline includes all the lower ones too. For example, selecting payline 6 also activates paylines 1 through 5. Clicking Bet Max activates all paylines with the maximum bet per line and spins the reels.
- Total bet per game round = line bet X active paylines.
- Clicking Spin spins the reels with the current selection of lines and line bets.
- Reels can also be spun using the Auto Start function. Clicking + or – above Auto Start selects the successive number of spins to be enabled. Clicking Auto Start spins the reels. The Auto Start button changes into Stop during the Auto Start mode of reelspin. The Auto Start mode ends when the reels have been spun the number of times determined by the player, or when the player clicks Stop.
- Wins are calculated according to the paytable. Line win = line bet X corresponding multiplier according to the paytable. Scatter win = total bet X corresponding multiplier according to the paytable. The paytable can be accessed via the Info page.
- On a given payline, only the highest payline winning combination pays while simultaneous winnings on different paylines are added up together.
- In case of a winning spin, the Win field displays the winnings.
- A win activates the Gamble button which, when clicked, starts the Gamble feature. More information about the Gamble feature can be found below.
Clicking Info opens the reference screen describing different game components. Clicking the arrow buttons at the lower right-hand corner of the screen enables navigating between the different info screens.
- The Paytable screen shows all winning combinations. When opened after a winning spin, the winning symbol combinations (number of symbols and bet multiplier) are highlighted and blink.
- The Free Games screen describes the symbol combinations necessary to enter the Free Games feature and describes the Free Games feature rules.
- The Gamble screen describes how to try doubling winnings by gambling with them and describes the doubling-up rules.
- Show Paylines can be clicked from the Paytable page to open a screen which illustrates all possible payline combinations. Clicking Hide Paylines closes this screen and returns to the Paytable page.
- Clicking Back exits the Info screen and returns to the game.
- Active paylines are represented by lines that appear over the reels. Paylines can be activated and their shape displayed by progressively clicking Lines.
- Only active paylines can register wins.
- There is a difference between the line bet and the total bet. The line bet shows how much is being bet on a single payline. The total bet shows how much is being bet in total on the game round. Payouts shown in the paytable are multiplied by the line bet.
The Scatter symbol is an exception to these rules. More information about the Scatter symbol can be found below.
- If a symbol has a winning combination on more than one reel, the winnings are added up.
- Winning combinations must start from the leftmost reel, and the symbols have to be on consecutive reels.
- If two payline winning combinations occur on the same line, the higher of them is paid out. If more than one active payline has a winning combination, the winnings are added up.
- Winning combinations must start from the leftmost reel, and the symbols have to be consecutive.
The Scatter symbol is an exception to these rules. More information about the Scatter symbol can be found below.
The Wild symbol in the game is the symbol. It appears on reels 2, 3 and 4 only and can stand for any other symbol, except Scatter, to make the best possible winning combination. The Wild symbol does not have a regular win, it only wins when substituting.
Expanding Wild Symbol Feature in the Main Game
If a Wild symbol appears on a reel after a spin and it is possible to have a winning combination by having a Wild anywhere on that reel, it will expand to cover the entire reel. All places on the reel will be temporarily considered as Wild. All winning combinations that result from this will be paid.
Expanding Wild Symbol Feature in Free Games
During each of the free games, the Wild symbol will appear expanded alternatively on reels 2, 3 and 4. This means that before each free game starts, Expanding Wild will appear first, as to cover all three reel positions of a given reel. The other four reels will then spin regularly. In the first free game, Expanding Wild will appear on reel 2, then in the second free game it will move to reel 3, then to reel 4 and then back to reel 2, reel 3 and so on in rotation. It will continue moving between the reels in this manner until all free games have been played.
The Scatter symbol in the game is the symbol. Scatter symbols do not have to occur on a particular payline – if there are two or more Scatter symbols in the spin results, an additional win is earned and added to payline winnings. The payout for the Scatter symbols is multiplied by the total bet. In case of 3 or more Scatter symbols, the player automatically gets 15 Free Games with multiplier X2 for all wins during the Free Games. Free Game wins are added to the payline and Scatter wins.
Note: To start the Free Games, click anywhere on the game screen. During the free spins, the reels are spun automatically using the same number of lines and bets per line as on the spin that won the free spins. After each spin, the win is displayed in the Win field. The Free Games Win field shows the accumulated winnings from the current Free Games.
After all Free Games have been completed, a result board summarizes the winnings. Game win shows the winnings that were received from the spin that won the free games. Feature win shows the winnings that were received from the free spins. Total win shows the aggregate winnings (Game Win and Feature Win added up). Clicking Continue will return you to the main game. If three or more Scatter symbols appear anywhere on the reels during Free Games, 15 additional Free Games are added to the existing ones. The win multiplier does not change.
If the Auto Spin functionality is used (using the Auto Start button), the Free Games are automatically spun and the Auto spin session is resumed. Clicking Continue will return you to the regular slot reels.
A win activates the Gamble button which, when clicked, starts the Gamble feature where you can bet the winnings from your last spin to try and increase them.
Your current winnings are shown in the Bank field. You can choose to bet these winnings (Double button) to double them. Double To shows the amount that will be placed in the Bank, if you win. You can also choose to bet only half your current winnings (Double Half button) and keep the other half in the Bank. Double Half To shows the amount that will be placed in the Bank (includes the amount that remained in the Bank), if you win. Bet will show your bet in the Gamble round.
If you do not want to bet, you can click Collect to add the winnings from the last spin to your balance and return to the main game. If you choose to bet, the dealer's card is revealed on the left-hand side of the screen and you have to pick a card from the remaining face-down cards. If you pick a card with a higher ranking than the dealer's card, you win. If your card is equal in ranking, the bet is returned. If your card is lower in ranking than the dealer's card, you lose your bet and the Gamble feature ends.
With every win, you can bet again until the winnings in the Bank are equal to or greater than the Gamble feature limit. The limit is shown on the Info page that describes the Gamble feature. Click Collect to add your winnings from the Bank to your balance and return to the main game.
Please note: The Gamble button is disabled during free spins and while the Auto Start is active.
Open the reference screen that describes the different game components.
|Auto Start / Stop||
Spin the reels a number of times in succession. / End the active Auto Start reelspin mode.
+ and – buttons
Increase or decrease the number of successive spins made with Auto Start.
Activate one more payline.
Bet Per Line
Add a coin to the line bet.
Activate all paylines with the maximum line bet, and spin the reels.
Spin the reels.
Gamble the winnings in an attempt to increase the winnings from the spin.
The lower edge of the game window holds the casino toolbar. It contains the following:
- Current balance
Your account balance. This is the money you can use to play the casino games.
Clicking this button opens the Cashier window, where you can make deposits and withdrawals, see your transaction history, etc.
- Play for Real Money
This button appears only in Fun or Offline Mode. Clicking it will take you to the Real Money account creation page. If you already have a Real Money account, it will take you to the Play for Real Money login screen.
Some popular functions are united under the Menu.
Clicking History (unavailable in Offline mode) will open the game history window, where you can see the details of recent game rounds.
Options allows you to change audio quality and various gameplay settings, and Help opens the help article that you are reading right now.
Online Support lets you contact a customer support specialist, if one is online.
This button is available only in the download version of the game.
Clicking this button closes the game window and takes you back to the Lobby.
If you wish, you can press the following keys on your keyboard instead of clicking on the buttons on the screen.
Press this key
To do this
Highlight the next button on the screen.
Select the button that is currently highlighted (equal to clicking on it)
Spin the reels with the currently set bet.
Exit the game (applicable only for the download version of the game).
Note on disconnections: If you are disconnected from the Internet in the middle of the main game, the spin will be automatically completed. You can click the History button to see the outcome of your previous round after you log back into the casino.
- If you are disconnected from the Internet during free spins, you will be automatically directed back to the game after you log back into the casino so you can continue the game.
- If you are disconnected from the Internet during a spin using the Auto Start function, the spin will be automatically completed, but further spins will not automatically commence. You can click the History button to see the outcome of your previous round after you log back into the casino.
- If you are disconnected from the Internet during a Gamble round when the dealer's card is displayed after choosing Double or Double Half, you will be automatically directed back to the game after you log back into the casino so you can finish the Gamble round. If you are disconnected before the dealer's card is shown, the winnings will be collected and added to the balance.
Note on malfunctions: A malfunction voids all pays and plays.