Play Tens or Better
The object of 10’s or Better is to obtain a five-card poker hand that contains a winning combination. The better your hand, the bigger the payout (see the paytable on the machine). You choose how many and which of your cards are to be replaced. You may replace your cards only once. After each round, used cards are returned to the decks and the decks are shuffled.
- Choose the value of the coins you wish to wager each round, by clicking on the + and – buttons on the left of the screen.
- Click Bet One or Bet Max to select the number of coins you wish to wager. Each click on the Bet One button adds another coin to the bet. Clicking Bet Max increases your bet to the maximum – that is, five coins – and deals the cards automatically. You can also click the appropriate column on the winnings table to specify your bet size.
- Click Deal.
- Choose which cards you wish to keep by pressing the Hold button underneath the card, or by clicking on the card itself.
- Click Deal to replace the cards that you did not choose to hold.
- If you did not get a winning combination, the round is over and you can start again. If you did get a winning combination, see the next section.
- The lowest winning combination is a pair of Tens: a pair of any lower cards (for example, Nines) is not a winning combination; a pair of any higher cards (for example, Jacks) is a winning combination.
If you end up with a winning hand, you can accept the win (click Collect), or Double it. Should you choose to Double, the dealer draws a face up card and you are given 4 face-down cards to choose from. If you choose a card that turns out to be lower than the dealer's, you lose your original win. If the cards are equal, it is a tie, and you have the option to collect your original winnings (click Collect) or Double again. If your card is higher, you win double your original win amount. You then have the option to collect your winnings or Double again.
You can also choose to Double Half, which means you only double using half of your current winning amount, and deposit the rest into your balance. If your current winning amount cannot be evenly divided by two, it is split into two as equally as possible and the smaller half can be used for double up while the larger half is deposited to your balance. Double Half To shows the amount you would win, including the amount deposited into your balance.
You can move the Double window (if enabled in the Options) by dragging it with the mouse. Doubling is a separate game round, and can be viewed as such in the Game History. During doubling the Bet screen displays the amount wagered for doubling. The Win screen displays the win amount for the current round.
You can double up until your current winning amount exceeds the Double Up limit or the maximum number of double up rounds have been reached. Ties and Double Half do not count towards the double up round limit. Clicking the Limits button opens the panel where you can see the limits of the current double up rounds.
The paytable shows the payouts for the winning combinations. To find the win amounts, multiply the payout shown in the paytable by the value of the selected coin. Number of coins increases from left to right: if you are betting one coin, use the leftmost column, if you are betting two coins use the second column from the left, etc. The rightmost column shows win amounts for Max Bet (five coins).
|Bet Max||Bet five coins and deal the cards automatically|
|Bet One||Bet one coin or increase the bet by one coin (up to a total of five). Click Deal to receive your cards after that|
|Deal||Deal a new hand, or replace cards that you didn’t hold with new ones|
Select the cards you want to keep. Click the button again to release a card. Cards can also be held or released by clicking on them directly.
When doubling, use these buttons to choose the card you want to play
The lower edge of the game window holds the casino toolbar. It contains the following:
- Current balance
Your account balance. This is the money you can use to play the casino games.
Clicking this button opens the Cashier window, where you can make deposits and withdrawals, see your transaction history, etc.
- Play for Real Money
This button appears only in Fun or Offline Mode. Clicking it will take you to the Real Money account creation page. If you already have a Real Money account, it will take you to the Play for Real Money login screen.
Some popular functions are united under the Menu.
- Clicking History (unavailable in Offline mode) will open the game history window, where you can see the details of recent game rounds.
- Options opens the options dialog, where you can change various gameplay settings.
- Help opens the help article that you are reading right now.
- Online Support lets you contact a customer support specialist, if one is online.
Clicking this button closes the game window and takes you back to the Lobby.
If you wish, you can press the following keys on your keyboard instead of clicking on the buttons on the screen.
|Press this key||To do this|
|TAB||Highlight the next button on the screen|
|ENTER||Select the button that is currently highlighted (equal to clicking on it)|
|SPACEBAR||Place the same bet as last round and deal the cards|
|Numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5||Hold cards. Number 1 holds the first card from the left; number 2 holds the second card from the left; etc|
|ESC||Exit the game|
Note on malfunctions: A malfunction voids all pays and plays.
Note on disconnections:
- If you are disconnected from the Internet during a base game while playing for Real Money, please re-establish your Internet connection and log back into the casino. You will be automatically directed to the game that was interrupted so you can continue playing.
- If you are disconnected from the Internet during a double-up round after you have chosen to Double or Double Half in that round, then you will be automatically directed back to double-up when you log back into the casino. If you are disconnected from the Internet between double-up rounds, your winnings are collected and added to your balance.